R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing EZRUN
Thread: Hobbywing EZRUN
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:49 AM
burnineyes
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody102
Im running a hobbywing ezrun 35A-SL v2 speedy and a ezrun 9T 4300kv motor in my hsp buggy and was wondering what batterys you guys run with this setup and what speeds you get out of it.
You will want a few 3500-5000mah 2s Lipos for the most fun, depending on how much runtime you want and how much room you have to fit the battery.

I would expect 30MPH when geared 8:1 overall, you could gear for more speed but you will have to watch your motor temperature. As long as you keep it under 175-180*F (appx.80-83*C), you can keep adding more gear to gain speed. Also adjust your start power and timing as needed to increase power, or to lower temps and raise efficiency.

Originally Posted by kshengyang
Hey, i m new in rc.. i jsut got 1 hsp 1/10 buggy xstr few days ago.. i'm planning go change the motor and esc system. but my problem is i dont know anything about the gearing.

HSP XSTR stock gearing and
i gonna chg the stock motor to 5.5T[6000kv]
HELPS~
8:1 will be very fast (40+MPH/63+KPH) but should be reasonable for the motor to handle without overheating, ideally I would want to start about 8.5:1 with a 6000Kv motor. Check your ESC capabilities to ensure it can handle the more powerful motor. Then get ready to crash!