R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 AM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
We've been using the terms Boost and Turbo for a couple of years now; I think people are used to these terms and it's best to stick with them. It's sort of like Windows 7; it's probably better than Windows XP, but once people are used to something it's hard to change it.

Personally I thought the old instructions were clear enough, the only explanation that is missing from all of the instructions is what happens if the Turbo Delay elapses before all Boost has been added. I assume the Boost and Turbo ramps happen in parallel, with each of them continuing to add timing until the overall timing limit (60 degrees) has been reached. But this has never been made clear. It could be that the Turbo timing is only added after all Boost timing has been added.

If anyone really wants to be confused try programming a GM Genius...
From experience the moment you meet all the criteria for the Turbo to engage, then it dumps the timing on regardless of where in the boost range you actually are, hence much higher temps if you hit full throttle too early in the infield or on the straight.

Hope it helps