R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Got my D8T! Now for questions..
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 AM
Redrawker
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
Something to consider. Do you have a Local Racer that would sit down with you for a couple hours and go through all the essentials and ensure you understand everything ?
Unfortunately I've been off the racing scene for so long that I don't have those connections anymore... I can try to see if I can find anyone local, but it's very hit and miss. What sort of things is it that I need to be certain to understand?

Originally Posted by morkendi
http://www.tytessman.com/setups/09_standard_D8T.pdf

This is the base line that I use, I have not found a track it does not work on. All I ever adjust is ride height and change tires. I some times go to outside lower hole on rear tower and seam to get a little more side bite.

I run 50% rebound front and 100% in rear. Other than that, aluminum stearing servo arm, kyosho sway bar listed on sheat, and red springs in rear, and you are set. If you break a rear hub, get aluminum, but no need unless you break one or it wears out.
I've got the pdf saved. I'll look into getting some of those red springs also.

When you say 50% rebound do you mean the preload collars, or is there a rebound adjustment on these shocks?

Originally Posted by MotoGod
Yeah the CVDs tend to be finicky on occasion. Best course of action when you buy new ones is to just not touch em, pack em in grease, and put a CVD Boot on em. Seems that when you take them apart or mess with them they have issues, but if you just leave em alone they last longer. Just what I've heard from other Hot Bodies drivers....I have yet to have a CVD problem.
I'll buy a replacement CVD tonight. What boots do you recommend? And is it just the front one that craps out like that, or do I need to watch the others real closely too? (The back output CVD looks great. The dogbone all show some wear that causes a small amount of 'slop,' but it's not to the point of concerning me yet.)

Thanks again