R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Got my D8T! Now for questions..
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Redrawker
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bcarter007
ur gonna get different responses so here's my 2cents......go to hb website and down load jesse robbers setup sheets....hes got his indoor and outdoor setups thats a way better start than the stock book gives ya....
5-7-3 and 50wt frnt and rr is mine.....
Alrighty I'll check that out before I go to the LHS to try to get a general idea of what to buy.

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
IMO, and take this with a grain of salt...If you're going to race or even bash in dirt, dust, etc...junk that air filter system. Again, just my opinion, but I wouldn't trust that in racing conditions or heavy dirt, dusty conditions. A lot fo racers use the Losi air filter system, including myself with RCPro foam elements and oil. I know a few have said that Proline makes a good system too, though I have no experience with it.
Look into getting an aluminum servo horn, at the least for steering.
Oh yeah I'm way ahead of you. It looks like the filter off an on-road setup or something. I was planning to get at least the Losi air filter. Definitely going to upgrade that.

Originally Posted by nitroharry
just pull it apart to get at the bearings. There will be one on each arm for the wheels, and two for every diff if i'm not mistaken

There shoud be one screw in the middle of the front of the starter box that you unscrew to get inside of the box, well at lest both of my boxes do anyway
So check the carrier bearings and diff bearings? That's not too bad. I think I'm also going to pull out the engine to check the clutch and clutch bearing.