R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a new buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 305M3
I switched from the Losi 8 2.0 to the Xray 808 '10 Spec. I have about a gallon through the 808 and love it. Why?

Stability: This thing is planted. As a matter of fact, I've had to change my driving style to account for the lack of "rear slide" in the 808 as opposed to what I experienced w/ the 8 2.0. I actually spent this past weekend trying to get the rear to break out a bit, but was unsuccessful.

Durability: I have neither broken or changed any parts and experienced some pretty sweet wrecks. All the moving parts are still "tight" after the first gallon. Losi showed signs of wear and not as "tight" after its first gallon, in addition to a broken shock end and front A-arm.

Jumping/Handling: Sails through the air and is amazing through the turns. Again, I have to get used to driving the car from the front as opposed to having the rear play such a factor.

I have too many good things to say about the 808. My local track has a ton of 8 2.0's and they are amazing, but I definitely don't regret making the switch.

Thinking about some of the other cars at my track, there are a bunch of Mugen's and those guys are fast! Of course, they are the local pro's, so as Token said, I think they could drive anything and wheel it - due to prep and setup. There WAS a Durango, but it didn't compliment the owners driving style so we didn't see it again.

These are the opinions from a novice driver so take them for what they're worth - an opinion.

thats, one other reason why i want to go with a diffrent brand of "truggy" and maybe buggy i have a eight-t 1.0 and a eight- 1.0 b and i get tried of how quickly they wear on the drivetrain .

the supension slop and steering doesnt bother me to much just the drivetrain.

and yes the eight buggys are tail happy if your not smooth on the throttle lol.