R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF417
Thread: Tamiya TRF417
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Kody
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I'm not blaming the car. The problems I've had the last two races have been entirely due to lack of setup knowledge, and not being skilled at adapting to unfamiliar situations. I really don't think the 416 would have been any different, I was just joking about the 417 being cursed. If anything would drive me from Tamiya, it would be their lack of a US team trying to figure things out on our style of tracks.

It is kind of funny that one of the biggest advancements (optimizations?) on the 417 (the motor mount) got cut in half at TITC.
I here you there dude. Were on our own it seems like dude! Guess i'm used to it any way... I was building my Xray's to the box stock set up and just learning how to drive them fast. Then came droop settings. Up and down and then camber. Tire prep was easy as tweek and heat seems to make any tire good on asphalt! Carpet was easy as we were running Sorex 28's with Jack... Its harder now as tires have changed the game I think.

Keeping it simple and making sure the car is right is over half the battle. Tire prep is a large chunk as well. Its to bad your not making it up to TZll for Carpet Nats. I feel like I've got a decent grip on the car.