R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2nd Annual Wild about Wheels carpet Race
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here's my suggestion. We need to work within what we have around to put as many cars on the track as possible and have a good time, put on a show, at the show.

We design the track so that with a simple move of perhaps 2 boards, it's an oval. I'd be happy to do that, I think I'm pretty clever at track design, pop me a dimension.

to make use of existing cars we also race the car we all race out at Marlins. the 17.5 oval cars, the real race cars. AND we have a heat of bombers. Bombers is not adding complexity or expense. Done right you'll only have to buy a body, and scrounge a crappy tamiya silver can motor that came stock in some kit.

the Bomber rules (tentatively)
1) pan car, 235mm wide max.
2) Bomber body, one of these 2, from McAllister.
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0
3) Tamiya silver can motor
4) Speed limited to 20mph (will have tool made by then).
5) weight, I'll come with something.

Evan and I are working on this right now. I'll let you know the best possible rules set and some gearing by tomorrow. I'd like to see it be so fair that it would blow your mind, and so cheap it would blow mine. and I'm pretty handy at recycling a race car.

I could maybe get Randon to make some handout flyers (all glossy and amazing looking). With local contact information and what's going on, and how to go about it. I think we have that kind of time. we could maybe get 1000 of 'em for $200 (Stormer hobbies would pay that.) We could list Minot and Pingree contacts.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 02-27-2011 at 03:05 PM.