R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Challenge 2011
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 02:54 PM
smokinu
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Is anyone else out there not happy with the coverage of this year's Nitro Challenge race as provided by LiveRC? They don't seem to take one of North America's biggest races very seriously, and it's a shame.

Yes, the concept of what they're doing is great for our sport, but for those of us who are R/C enthusiasts and were not able to be at this race, it's pretty disappointing when the camera man points the camera at a pylon and zooms in as a joke during the warmup for a lower main race... it happened to be the truck race on Saturday that Brian "Skinny" was in... I was told that the lower mains "don't matter" and "no one cares"... So I guess if a person wanted to watch an old friend race, this doesn't matter because he's older than 40 and in the B Main? This race didn't deserve to have a moving camera view either, apparently. Well, I suppose one could draw from all of this that if trying to watch Skinny race in the Truck B Main doesn't matter, then one could assume that our entire sport doesn't matter either... this is a sad thing, very sad.

This kind of attitude will not help our sport progress. It would be a whole different thing if this was a club race, and someone decided to goof around a bit, but this is like the superbowl of R/C people!

I ended up getting angry due to the lack of respect that our premier race was apparently being given, wound up in a flame war on the message board on LiveRC, the LiveRC guys didn't like my critisism and pleas for them to take the camera work more seriously. They banned me, so I asked for a refund after having paid for the premium subscription so that I could see a high res moving cam of the races. What I got was a sometimes moving, sometimes pointed at pylons, and sometimes being used to play pranks camera. :-( Yes, they posted that about 90% of the races would be moving cam, 10% not... I guess the B main isn't included in the 90% of the race coverage.

If I was new to this sport, I would think this was all a big joke and most likely start looking for another sport to get involved in. That's not the kind of aura we want to present to newly interested people :-(

Pull up your socks LiveRC, please. You're doing a good thing, but have some work to do.

As for the rest of those on the message board on Live RC who said things like "it doesn't matter", "no one cares, it's just the B main", "it's just a hobby"... etc etc... shame on you! People earn their living from this sport. Team drivers, RC magazines, kit manufacturers, after market part makers... etc. etc... This is the "big" race, we should give it the respect that any other sport would give their premier races.
this guy is upset because brandon and steve pond took his ego and shoved it up his own butt..

He was complaining about a camera pointed at something other then the race track during a Warm up round witch is not racing just cars getting practice before the a mains.