R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 AM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
When I first saw the s400 car presented to me by a team driver, my initial thoughts were very good - The parts looked well machined and the layout looked good.

The car had some good results in the UK too.

But, after that, things went downhill, very quickly....

I head of team drivers buying used cars off of ebay because the parts supply was so poor, finally then leaving the team.

Different top decks were developed and tried also to assist the cars handling, as it was an issue too, not sure what happened...

Then it was announced the s400 would no longer be suppored by Serpent.

Serpent will have its work cut out if it wants to gain previous s400 customers, after the way they were treated.

To some degree, Serpent shot themselves in the foot even before the s401 was just a model name....

I won't be buying one.
I remember all of this and I still can feel the vibe. What I did not know was that Serpent announced that they would no longer support the car. I thought they quietly brushed it aside while ignoring calls from those wondering what was going on.

I did love the S400 and I still have it. Makes a great VTA car.
As far as parts support, it is my understanding that Serpent has severed ties with the source that failed them so bad on the S400 and now they have a better line.
I hope this is true. I dont need a TC right now so I can afford to wait.