R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xrey808 2011 vs mogen mbx6
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:15 PM
CJ Weaver
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
LOOK AT MY USERNAME...Then read my signature. I like xray but some areas need work as i have read bearing issue is being fixed. But I also hate the travel xray has for u.s. tracks. They make these cars mainly for Euro tracks and kinda astroturf with little jumps. The quality is a great car but has 2 main down falls in my opinion and thats bearings and travel. Im not bashing xray as i do race with alot of guys who run xray. But to me i like the Mugen platform much better, as for xray theres a new car yearly and your car you speed almost 700 bucks for is no more worth 300 after 3 months. Others hold pretty good value because they dont release yearly. Im not saying you have to buy one every year but no racer likes an out dated car. I think xray needs to make a great car that needs no slight changes each year. Not saying the changes aren't good but look at Mugen they have done a few updates since mbx6 like the chassi just released but a whole new car is almost to much. Thats my reason i say mugen. Also mugen imo has way better suspension and droop. Also from one of your xray guys callling fanboy and also doubling up on people is kind of a joke come on. Like the thread asks xray or mugen. Dont start calling people fanboys. There are people who like and dilike and im sure most have a reason to dislike. No one wakes up and says i hate this company because i want to. Not saying everyone likes mugen either just making a point. Post what you like and what you think has better pros to cons of the other car and so be it. I have ran pretty much every car on the market and owned one. There is somthing i hate on all of them but nothing is made to your specs. You cant tell me the xray is perfect to you or else you would be lieing. Just like me if i say mugen was perfect im lieing. No car is perfect and all have a lil issue. Thanks

My 09 spec xray for 2009

Also my mbx6 for 2011

PROOF
Everyone has their opinion and that is fine, but people don't need to create 3 or 4 different usernames to prove their point. That is what we were talking about before. The Mugen is definitely a great car and I have seen a lot of people make them go pretty fast but the same is true for the XRAY. It is all driver preference.