R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Hi again,

thanks hprt for your infos, now itīs quite clear to me with your detailed infos!

@niznai:
I really had no problem to build the kit shocks, as they are std. cva from Tamiya and definitely no crap in my eyes. I just had 2 bubbles in one I had to fix. What else should go wrong? But I reworked them meanwhile with 3mm rebound during built, to reduce the "gas force" (push out force).But I use the red foam inserts above the rubber cap.
Also I switched to a TRF shock guiding instead of the 2 O-ring which reduces friction, also TRF pistons which have a better guiding and also less friction especially under side forces. Itīs a cheap upgrade as this extra parts are sold separately.

About the slop: For sure the M06 is not better as any M-Chassis before, shiming is a "must" in my opinion. But with that and an aditional grub screw in the rear uprights it gets very less sloppy. (worlds apart from a TT01)

I never spent monay on an M regarding Aluminum uprights, as they are very expensive and I always have the fear that they crack or bend during accidents? Whatīs your experience here, guys?

And, what I forgot: Steering slop is not a big matter, I think. My straight line wander in the beginning was again a cheap servo (Futaba FS200 Speed), which I thought to be enough for an M. But, It didnīt manage to center the steering very well and failed on the track by not turning in (2 times in a final).
So I switched to my Touring carīs Savöx 1251, which solved all my issues.
They are so great stuff for the price, if you compare it to a Futaba 9551 or similar...

BR,
Matthias