R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
geubes
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sosidge
I have more or less the same feeling about 119. I certainly haven't found the driveability with it that I had with 518.

The very bottom end is dead. The midrange to turbo area is very fast, especially if you run 50 boost and the rest as turbo.

I was having a rough time at the CWIC over the weekend (I think you and I race at the same series?) and decided to take all the timing off the ESC and run a big pinion. The bottom end was a lot better although total power was naturally down which cost me.

If I had the time (and I'm not sure I do) I would approach the ESC setup from a different angle - big pinion to use the motors natural torque to get out of the corners, then smaller amounts of boost and turbo to get the top end without overheating the motor.

I run the SP 13.5 motor by the way.
These settings seem very specific for driver I found. I Qualified 4th Sunday and finished 4th overall in 13.5 at CWIC, been using various hobbywing software over the winter and I am loving the power of 119 over previous versions. But my profile is VERY VERY punchy - another driver I know tried it and found it didnt suit him. But I found my car defo not lacking speed or infield grunt - was only me that let it down. It was the black car if you were watching the finals / Quallis

This is what I ran Sunday:
HobbyWing: 110119Stock

DRRS: 9
Brakes: 100%
reverse force: 25%
Boost timing: 26 degrees
Turbo Slope: 18 degrees
Turbo timing: 34 degrees
Start rpm: 3000
Turbo Delay: 0.2s
Timing ACC: 300

FDR: 7.25
Trinity Duo3 motor

I started at 7.6 (from previous round) but the faster track meant i had to adjust a few settings as it was boosting to much on the infield

Reuben