R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - G's rc; offroad in shippensburg pa
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
cloud9graffix
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALF420

(I THINK) Maybe wrong but when building a track you have too keep the NEWBIE in mind there a lot of Novice racers "and thats a good thing" so if you build to wild instead of Mild / middle ground it might turn "some" away and Small local tracks needs more racers not less.

Alf been WRONG before and might be wrong about this just my 2cents hope I didn't offend ANYONE
While I do agree there are newbie racers that need to be thought about to an extent you also need to understand that the majority of the racers aren't. Last year was my first year back after a 4 years. Before then I only raced 2 years, with the last 6 months of that with a " race" machine. Monster truck is what I ran up until then. My point being even as a newbie last year I was always thinking of the wow factor of some of these cali type tracks you see in videos and pics wishing we had something like that around here to run on.

I am not saying build something totally off the wall, but the mild factor will also deter the "vetran" racers from coming. Just like the movie field of dreams. If you build it they will come. Word of mouth is an asset in the rc world. If people talk about how awsome a track is, people will come to check it out. And if they like, they will tell there friends, and so on, and so on. For example. I've heard how awsome lcrc is to run on. This makes me want to atleast make it up there once this year to try it out for myself. You always hear about tiltyard, I would love to get down there once this year also. But if a track is to mild, it won't excite people about coming to check it out. People that have ran at G's before already know, and the ones that haven't, that there are no nicer people that run a track than the G fam. C'mon, what other track feeds ya, and makes you feel like family when your there.

I'm sure G has some good ideas like he said based on things he has saw in older cali tracks. And I am sure he has taken into consideration what everyone has been inputting. And to all those that are wanting something a little bigger and badder this year remember to pull something like this off by yourself is almost impossible. So to all those who want this, get out and lend a hand building this thing. Remember your input while building would be taken in higher regard then just sitting on your bum at home typing about it. I myself will will lend a hand whenever I can.
Just my 2 cents. C'mon spring.

P.S.- This wasn't an attack alf, just a rebuttel.