R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Yosh70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
hi guys how r u?

I have pick up a 1/10th hyper tt pro to have bit of fun with and some occasional racing. I install an lrp sphere comp esc with a 6.5t motor.
I have reset speedy to the 3pk controller and all works good.
The problem is i have set the punch control to the lowest and apply alot of -expo on the throttle and it still accellerates pretty hard of the mark with the slightest input. which i think will put alot of stress on the driveline. aswell as make it pretty hard to drive in slippery conditions! At first i thought the speedy hadn't calibrated properly so i reset it again and put in the nuetral point, full throttle and full brake points again. But it is still the same!

Does anyone here know any tricks with the 3pk to tame it down a bit or is this how it is with these new generation electric buggy/truggy when they dont have slipper clutches?

the only way i can think of is to put a bigger pinion on and reduce the top speed
at the moment it has the std 13t pinion.

thank for any help or advice you can give me!
Punch control should be at a higher setting if you want less punch off the line. Thats how it works on the Castle software anyways.

And a bigger pinion will give you more top speed. Not less.
As for "calming" down the bottom end, it wont help a lot unless we're talking 6-10 teeth. Electric motors have a lot of instantaneous torque as we all know.

Try upping your punch control and leave your throttle end point. Should be good after that.