R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dorango dnx 408 vs jq the car
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM
tonyv2382
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
I'm aware of the new Hyper Star buggy. My point is that this guy in the video is just going off internet chat and doesn't really know what he is talking about.
Actually that guy is pretty knowledgeable and to tell u the truth all that OFNA relabeled stuff is just that...relabeled stuff. I had a hyper st pro, an ultra mbx pro and a hyper 7 buggy back in the day and some of my friends got into rc with an ultra lx 1...all they were was repackaged buggies with different names and slightly different features. Especially the st pro, strong as hell but cmon all that was different between it and the buggy was longer arms and some other stuff made by hobao. And it had a hyper7 radio box, if u can even call it that, the battery was exposed to the elements and on occasion flew out of the chassis unless u zip tied the hell out of it.....If you knew who exactly you were talking about you would know very well hes not just going off hearsay. the guy reviews so many kits and is very unbiased....Moving on...

Back to the original topic, I think whoever posted that "test mule" post about JQ is probably right. I mean the JQ car is a solo project that may or may not succeed in the future and to tell u the truth if I, like the video suggests, started a build on a brand new kit with SO many missing parts Id be pissed and just send the whole thing back. Who wouldnt? I mean its 5 bills and change. We all want our money's worth at the end of the day. And that, to me , is unacceptable. Bad Omen.

Its too soon IMO to say which car is ,in fact, better. I know Ive been driving my durango dex for almost a year and love it, so if the same guys released the DNX Id already know what to buy. Ive been out of the 8th scale game for quite some time and was driving XRAY before but am looking to get back in.

I have seen the DNX in person and the diffs are easy to access just like the 1/10th version. If u ask me this will cut your maintenance time in half. We all know of those bouts of wrenching that take all night sometimes. Wrenching and ease of mainteneance is what sold me initially on the rango. They are great designers, great quality, and it has been in development for quite some time and tested by some of the best in the world extensively before they actually released it. Not to say there wont be hiccups but I bet they will be minimal at best. I was looking at the JQ car too but the ultimate thing that diswayed me was the video posted above and I actually saw that WAY before some1 hear posted it.

In the past Ive driven both 09 and 10 spec 808's, an 8ight, plenty of ofnas (or whatever name u shoose to call them ), a D8 and an rc8. Of all of them I liked the Losi and the xray the best with the scale leaning towards the xray. But that brand had annoying small issues with shocks and diff bearings that made me ultimately give it up. But the quality was great.

To conclude, I believe Id go with the the best quality and design and once I figured out which biggy that would be, Id get it and then just work on my driving from there. So many to choose from and so much info on all. But in the end Id go with the DNX.

Last edited by tonyv2382; 02-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.