R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D-8 HARA battery tray mods?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:16 AM
vwduud
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
That looks good dude^^.

What I'm trying to do is use a lipo or a NiMh whatever I decide to go with but making the box more accessable i.e possibly using body clips like rest of them instead of nuts and bolts I do want to use the stock cover though and I do want it as closed up as possible, know what I mean? Right now I can fit a 1600MAH NiMh pack in the box but I hate not being able to pull off a couple of clips to get at the pack.
I hear ya. I felt the same way initially. Today though, I do like the security of the bolted lid. Takes a few extra seconds to get the battery out, but not a big deal. I glued the lock nuts into the lower battery box to prevent them from falling out, though I still tend to place the screws back in the holes even with the lid off.

I'm sure you've seen the AE screws that have holes drilled in them to accept body clips. These were used on the original RC10's way back in the 80's to hold the NiCd battery packs in. Here they are:

http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6916/

They're 4-40, so you'd have to change the nuts in the lower battery box. Once installed, you can enlarge the holes in the lid to fit over the cap head screw and use 1/10th scale body clips to hold the lid on.

Good luck.

Jim