R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 07:29 AM
redthunder
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miket3
First thing is buy or borrow a temp gun and give actual temp measurements.

I run a 540 Fantom 8.5 in mine with the 13 tooth pinion. I have the boost all the way up and turbo of 10..it fast and smooth to drive. Mine runs right with Tekin 550 4.5 down the 100 ' straight. I ran a whole pack through it after racing the other day (5000 MAH 2S) and put my finger on it and thought..it might be a little hot, threw the temp gun on it 113 deg...no problem.

You have to Temp it with a gun. If it temps above 140 then borrow a RX8 from someone for a quick run..if it's still hot, try a different motor. Hopefully you have some frieds at the track that will loan you some stuff for a few runs to get it sorted out...although 120 deg will be hot to your finger, yet not an issue "IF" that's the temp after your main.

Mike
forgot to mention, the motor has 15 degrees of timing already on it, the end bell i mean, would that cause high temps?
but i asked this before and one of the novak guys on this forum said not to change the timing on the motor, just the esc settings

anyway, i have a motor fan coming in the mail, sooo yeah, should have ordered a temp gun with it...