R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM
miket3
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redthunder
really? huh... well the gear mesh is fine, set it with the peice of paper method, and it rolls nicely, i can turn the pinion quite easly by hand or finger i should say, so i dont really know why its getting so hot I don't have a temp gun but i'm assuming if you cant hold your finger on the motor for longer then a second after a ten minute run then its probably too hot,

i had a 15t pinion on it before, changed to a 13t, but it gets to the same temp as the 15 did only slower

any other suggestions would help, i am running on carpet if that makes any difference.
First thing is buy or borrow a temp gun and give actual temp measurements.

I run a 540 Fantom 8.5 in mine with the 13 tooth pinion. I have the boost all the way up and turbo of 10..it fast and smooth to drive. Mine runs right with Tekin 550 4.5 down the 100 ' straight. I ran a whole pack through it after racing the other day (5000 MAH 2S) and put my finger on it and thought..it might be a little hot, threw the temp gun on it 113 deg...no problem.

You have to Temp it with a gun. If it temps above 140 then borrow a RX8 from someone for a quick run..if it's still hot, try a different motor. Hopefully you have some frieds at the track that will loan you some stuff for a few runs to get it sorted out...although 120 deg will be hot to your finger, yet not an issue "IF" that's the temp after your main.

Mike