R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tabushi
I really wish im wrong ... my main fear is not the "go open and spec", is the fact that today GT Class is too small to separate and/or embrace mixes of classes ... thats all,

cya

Pato
Pato,

This is not a question of separation of GT class racing into Spec & Open categories.

Rally/Game Open classes have been in existence around the world for several years before the Spec concept started to become popular. The fact is that there are more guys out there with GT cars that weren’t given the opportunity to race under our previous Spec or Open class rules. That’s not very cool and has been changed.

I’m sensing your underlining fear of a possible superiority between belts vs. shaft drives in your last post. Are they faster or just a different style of driving?

Some of our international GT families race both chassis designs well together in their form of Open class. Belt & shaft drive 200mm cars have races together for years and done well together. I believe it’s really a ”no brainer” to allow both in the GT Open class, as it unifies the scale more around the world.

Anything can happen in the fun, ruff & tumble world of GT racing. You should remember that it’s the driver a lot more than the car on the track and that our races are decided with a minimum of 45 minutes or even 1 hour mains.

Yes, this year’s GT Worlds are set for 1 hour A Mains for Spec & Open.

GT Spec remains Spec, no changes to the original category concept or philosophy behind it.

At Ft. Myers, Art Carbonell once told me “To finish first, first you must be able to finish”, pearls of wisdom to remember on the driver’s stand.