R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 PM
grippgoat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I did my first runs on our new carpet today. We haven't gotten a groove going yet, but the grip is still pretty good. I'd guess it counts as medium grip at the moment. It was a practice day, and I got some setup help from Jeff Jenkins.

The car is working pretty well, better than my driving. But I feel like I could use a bit more on-throttle steering.

A bit less front droop is on my list of things to try. I'm running 5.5mm to the outer arm on blocks, front and rear, which is about 2.5-3mm of travel when I lift up on the suspension.

I'm running AE silver (14.x) front, and AE green rear (12lb), with 30wt oil. Front shocks in the middle, rear shocks are 1 up from laid down.
Short carbon arms front and rear.
Front 2mm spacers at the bulkhead, which I think is .5mm more than stock, on the plasic blocks.
Rears are on the alloy blocks, with 2mm at the back and 3mm at the front for 3* rear toe.
-2* camber rear, -1.5* front.
0* front toe.
Camber links are I think 1mm under plate in front and 0mm in the rear.
Narrow front hexes.

1) What would adding more shims at the bulkhead in the front do?
2) What would going back to the wide hex in front do?
3) My rear diff is pretty loose. I can slip it if I hold one wheel and the spur, and spin the other wheel. Would tightening that up make the rear come around more on power?

I could also stand to lose just a wee hair of corner-entry steering.

Any other suggestions for things to try?

-Mike

Last edited by grippgoat; 02-05-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: edited after double-checking setup