R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Graham Oliver
Maybe they should just change the method of programming to use Bluetooth or NFC (near field communication) rather than a physical connection as described in the patent... This would introduce very little extra cost, be technologically superior and best of all, because I've just mentioned it on an open forum - no-one can patent this method of RC speedo programming and it would be open for all manufacturers... As a lot of modern PC's and laptops already include Bluetooth, you might not even need a separate programming box...
You seem to know how the patent system work, so maybe you know.
I haven't gone into detail about it, but in the link provided earlier to the patent application, I don't see that it is granted or not.
I do see a link to Futaba, and to my knowlegde they already use a similar system, to program there digital servo's... (also Ko-Propo?)
So if this is the case, the idea was already existing and probably published somewhere (programming through the connection cable), and I think you couldn't even call programming an ESC this way an "inventive step".
Conclusion, patent not granted, so green light for HW.....