View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
AZRC4Me
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Otto Man
Thanx Guys
A couple questions:
sickboy, Where can I order Dubro Part Number: dub2274? A-Main Hobbies? Remember, I don't know much, I'm still learning. I just got the Tamiya replacements which look beefier.
kaptain crash, what do you mean "don't case them"?
I bought some Xray shock oil based on a chart I saw (here) that compared different manufacturers oil "rates". So I got Xray 900 and 600 wt thinking that it was comparable to Losi 60 and 45. But I noticed that chart was from 2005 and a lot has happened since then. Is Xray 900/600 wt oil too thick for my front/rear shocks? (My intentions were to run thicker oil up front).
Yes I will be playing at Nuclear RC in Maryland.
So I am at the differential fill point: I think I'll start at 10, 10, 5
Thanks again
Chris
Casing a jump is when say there's a double jump, you take the first jump but don't clear the second jump, and instead land with your front tires on the downside and your rear tires on the take-off face. It's like high-siding your SUV when you go 4x4ing. It causes the chassis to flex and could warp it over time.

I'm not too sure about the Tamiya's setup, but if the Xray shock oils are like Mugen oils, 900/600 is very thick, especially in colder weather (below 70F is cold for shock oil imo). Check out Tamiya's website and see what some of the pros are running as far as oils. When I ran my Mugen MBX6T truggy, I was running 500/450 in the shocks. If your track is loose and loamy (soft, sandy-type dirt) then you want a softer suspension setup. Best of luck, and welcome to the RC world! Oh, and please put some tape over the carb/exhaust on that B5 to keep unwanted debris out! Or pick up some of these:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...uel-Inlet-Caps