R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Mobile RC WebApp
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
KCarpenter
Tech Apprentice

Default New Mobile RC WebApp

Hey All,
I am working on a Mobile WebApp strictly for RC. Primarily Land vehicles for now since I don't own boats, planes, or helis and don't know what you all would need.

If you own an Iphone, Android, newer BlackBerry(BB OS 6.0+), or Windows Phone 7 device and would be willing to check it out and let me know if you have any display issues I would greatly appreciate it.

Right now I am working on the Gearing piece of the app, but we have some big plans to make it a great field use tool across all platforms of device.

Your mobile browser must support HTML5 and Javascript and you will need a live data connection. If your track is not in good cell range, well not much I can do about it yet - I may consider a native app for Android later.

As of right now none of the back end is not live - so don't expect it to actually calculate your gear ratios for you - YET!

Some big ideas include:
GPS location and Navigation to tracks near you,
User submitted setups for specific vehicles and ESCs with a "Like" feature for those of you who try the setups and feel they work well.
Gear suggestions for specific Tracks and Vehicles.

I just started on this this week, so its not far a long yet and will progress as I get time, racing and tuning comes first. If you are a software developer and interested in helping shoot me a PM.

SO: If you are interested in taking a look let me know via PM and I will get you a link to the development site in the next day or two after I clean some stuff up.