R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
zamrioo2
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sizheng
Hi, Chinaman. are you a real chinese? If that, I want to use chinese to talk with you, it's much easier.

In this example, RPM 13000 is the end RPM when total 55degree boost timing applied on the motor, but at that time the car's speed is only about 20KM/H.
The car will continue to accelerate with all boost timing on the motor. So just before the turbo open, we can not know the actual RPM of the motor, maybe 25000,maybe 30000, it's depended on the throttle control and full throttle delay time. But since turbo is designed to help the straight top speed, we can decide the open point by our experience , for example on a 60m straight, if I want to open the turbo at the half point, I can estimate the delay time the car needed to reach the 30m half point after full throttle.

Another thing we must care is to control the turbo not open at some other area on the track, which may cause difficult to control the car into a corner.
That's probably occured if you set the delay time a small value such as 0.1s.
So in such cases, what i will do is to keep the throttle not fully pressed than 0.1s.

In our test, we found too much boost timing will highly consume the battery power(voltage drop) and make your laptimes slower after several laps. You may feel it's fast at the beginning, but you lose your overall result. So we prefer to use TURBO timing which will not bring lots of current and hot and can be controlled by our hands. Applying the timing when the car has a higher speed is always better if you don't want your motor too hot.
sizheng,

i had some misconception of turbo timing before i read your post... thanc...
(silly loughing at myself)

somehow i need to know your estimation of length (m) of a car travelling before boost start rpm, let say 3000-6000rpm...