R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alternative To Kal-Gard Degreaser?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Well tell us how you do it then?

Don't get me wrong I don't just go blasting water on it. My buggy is broken down when I use water. I clean any bearings that are worthy of saving out and re grease them.

The way I clean may not be the "preferred" method, but I haven't had any problems with rust or bearings going bad or anything. I take care of my buggy, but I do use water.

I will try the orange blast, because I use simple green/denatured alcohol mix. But if there is a better way to clean I would like to know.
I use to use the orange blast. Done ok but was a de greaser not a cleaner. Now i keep my cars looking new by taking some time. Im sure alot of people dont but the people who do get the most performance every time they race. I dont fully dissasemble but i simply take front end and rear off and use a tooth brush and simple green or kal gard contact cleaner. Scrub blow down, then scrub and blow down then hit with kal gard prep and shine or a light coat of simple green in a spray bottle and blow off again. Dont really take long and it gives you a chance to check common issues. Like bearings, loose screws or bent parts or damaged plastics. Then i hit my car with contact cleaner and prep and shine on chassis. This is good stuff because its electronics free and dont harm engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv86z1y_DsU