R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Downforce
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Carpet set-up Questions

Originally posted by Kevin K
Ray....the 2.5 toe in makes the car more stable and not very aggressive. The 0 deg or lesser amount is going to do a couple things to the car....1 change the wheel base thus making the cars wheel base longer....the longer car will have more steering.....2 change the drive shaft angle which will effect the traction at that end of the car....It will sweep the CVD's more towards the front of the car which will increase forward bite and decrease side bite....3 with the sweep out of the arms it will change the way the shock moves through its arc....and I would think make the shock pack up harder the further in its movement it gets....4 also decrease the front track width making the car more narrow from axle to axle.....So all of these factors will lead to the front of the car being more reactive and alive....which is what you need on foams but its not desired on rubber tires....so that's why I would guess HPI included them in the kit. HPI wanted to get the car out there so anyone could take the car out of the box and drive it....and in most cases that's what happens. So once you get these blocks try them out and see what you notice.
I disagree...A longer car takes steering away. With the arms sweeped back it allows the front to roll and dive creating more front bite. This is why they give an asphalt setup as the stock setup. With the arms forward(straight) it gives the car push, what you normally want on a carpet setup.