R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Alternative To Kal-Gard Degreaser?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Brrian
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Update on alternatives:

I was able to pick up:

SC1 clear coat to replace prep n shine

Jig a loo to replace 30/30

Proline Super Lubricant by Fel Pro in replace of Degreaser

Bottom line is this. Kal Gard is still the better product and if I could pick it up at a store I would do so.

Sc1 is pretty close to the prep n shine. It goes on just about the same. Will not be able to tell how well it works until I hit the track

Jig a loo is a completely different lubricant. Its thinner than 30/30 and penetrates much quicker. I did a test on two used bearings that were throw aways.

The jig a loo cleans the bearing much better than the 30/30. The down side is it seams to not give a good coat as it drys up. The jig a loo is more of a dry lubricant. I will say that the jig loo frees up the bearings better where you can spin them freely. Time will tell on the track by a bearing getting blown out or not. With 30/30 I have only had 2 bearings go. Not bad

Pro Line Super Lubricant Degreaser. This stuff was bought at pep boys for 2.99 a can and goes on like Kal Gard degreaser. The down side is that it stinks really bad and leave more of film than Kal Gard degreaser.

The proline stuff from pep boys does work and can be used safe on all plastics and carbon fiber.

I was able to find some pretty good alternatives but the bottom line is I am comfortable with the kal gard line and trust it. Kal Gard is the real deal. I wish it was readily available.

I can drop ship to anyone. PM for great prices and shipping...