R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM
ralphierace13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fulcrum2
Hi there,

with the MRX-4 we used to take 15mm as a standard distance from bumper to edge of body.
With the MRX-5 this distance can not be measured in the same way because the bumper has a different shape with a recessed middle section. So what would be a good starting point for body position? Any experiene?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards, Stefan
stefan im not sure were u r racing but if u r here in the us, and are running a p909 i would not mount the body were the setting sheet says i think mugen setting sheet in my opinion is geared more towards the open flowing tracks of eroupe. if u mount a p909 18mm from the middle nothing on the body lines up at all and u will be cutting too much foward from the wheel openings, also u will have to cut so much foward from the back of the cockpit to get a finger in there to open your fuel tank, i mount it with the mounting pins front and rear all the way back and from the middle of the bumper at least 20mm then if u need more steering u can turn the pins foward and have 23mm.. also the new protoform r-15 was made for the 5 and should be mounted (with pins back) to the pre holes thats marked on the body..