R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on motor,clutch and servos for D8T
Old 01-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Go for the Werks B5 non modded. Spending an extra $100 for bragging rights isn't going to help you one bit when starting out. Down the line, maybe.
Old post I just found LOL !

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one for a couple of reasons.... Yes this guy is just starting out, and having a brutally powerful engine isn't going to make him any faster...... However having my technical help and support is going to bring him up to speed much faster then just buying a off the shelf engine and figuring it out for himself....My engine packages are very finely tuned and well put together... If a customer follows my instructions and sets my engines up EXACTLY the way I tell them to, they will have the sweetest running, most functional engine around.... If he is running one of my packages, he can call me from the track, and as long as i can hear the engine I can tell him exactly how to tune it over the phone........If he is having any issues, he can call me almost 24/7 and have on the spot professional advice....... I can guarantee you, that I can have a novice nitro tuner up to speed and standing on his own 2 feet much much faster then if he were to buy a stock engine off the shelf.......... Yes my engines do cost a little more money, but we provide far more value on the dollars being spent then buying a stock engine off the shelf........over the years I have taught hundreds of people how to properly tune and setup these nitro engines, many of them started as novices and in a very short time had mastered tuning a highly modified nitro engine ...... So in the end for a novice I feel in many ways they are better off to start with a company like us... Yes you pay more, but in the long run you will save time and money and many many hours of frustration...

As well not all modified engines are overpowered hard to control beasts.... I cannot speak about the other modders work, but I can say that not all of our engines are over the top... a great example is our modified B6.. this engine is ultra smooth and linear..to the point it feels really tame to drive..yet at the same time this engine is spooky fast..it does make huge amounts of power and will burn pretty much anything down the straight..yet at the same time iy is extremely tame and mellow to drive... the engine looks like a missile when watching it, but very mellow to drive.... For a novice this engine would be a great starting point... You could not ask for a easier to drive, easier to tune faster engine then this one.....Now of course some of the modified like the Jammin JPX are outright bananas...But we always try to steer people towards the appropriate engine for their application and skill level..

So in the end we provide a hell of alot more then just a fast engine for bragging rights... Tho of course our engines will be fast and worthy of being bragged about, however our on one customer service is where the real value is to a novice getting into nitro ! not only are you getting one of the best performing setups available, your also getting first hand help getting it up and running.....A person can struggle for a long time trying to get a handle on setting up and tuning a nitro engine, ruin multiple engines and waste tons of money and get nowhere....With us the setups are proven, if something isn't right we have the answers right then and there.. we take tons of guess work and potential headaches away, and we will have someone up to speed and racing in the shortest amount if time...