R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Buckaroo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got a chance to run my TC6 tonight. Only had a busted LTC-R body to run, so I made do. I'm running the Herbert Indoor Champs set up, mostly. Still running the long camber links, black ball studs, and using a #2 piston and 40 weight oil as kit parts until my short links, silver ball studs, and blank piston arrive. Got me a new Boss 17.5 and a Tekin RS. Rolling Sorex 24s.

DAMN, this thing is DIALED IN!!!!!

Just a few more little tweaks I want to try, but WOW. Struggled to put my TC5 into the 13s no matter what set up I've put on it, even with the help of some of the local hot drivers, who always had trouble with the 5 as well.

But I was running consistent low 12s to high 11s at my local track tonight with the 6. I've been the slowest guy at the track week to week in our points series (you have NO idea how bad that sucks!!!), but that all seems to be at an end! Can't wait for Saturday! 10.5-11.5sec laps gets you into the A, and we've been getting enough participation in non-boosted to run a full C.

Running +10 degrees of motor timing and a 35/78 gear (4.46 FDR) and coming off a run at about 105F, so there's probably more room in temp (up to 160F) than gears will physically fit, although I've been told that up to a 38 will fit. That or I'll have to go to 64P for more options and tighter ratios.

It was like one of those "Lightbulb finally went on" moments where I realized that my equipment has been holding me back for a while now!

My Speed6 body is almost done, I'll post pics tomorrow. Ode to ShopUFO.

Edit to add....This thing is scarry quiet, too! Hardly makes a sound zipping down the track.

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-19-2011 at 06:07 PM.