R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new poll requested by dragracechief .. servos servos servos....
Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Brandon Melton
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Cant vote for Hitec if only 1 servo is any good (7955) a friend tried some 7954HV servos in his Losi 8T, and 2 have since let go, in about 8 hours use total, no doubt Hitec will look after him, but, stops me from wanting to try them.
I am in the same boat, I heard nothing but raves about Hitec, so I jumped on the bandwagon for a steering servo in my truggy. On the 2nd race day it quit working, and it too was a 7954. It was only ran on LIFe and not even full 7.4 lipo. I sent it in, and based on everyone's remarks, I assume they will take care of the issue, but having them replaced free still doesn't erase a DNF. I guess maybe I should have gone with a 7955 but I wanted an "HV" servo. Maybe it was a fluke, I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but if they repair it and it goes out again, it will go in the trash and not back to Hitec, lol.

I used 1015's in it for a year with no issues, just wanted more torque for the truck steering.