R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
ralphierace13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
First how are you and how did you do at Homestead last week or two ago?

Mike runs a NIMH and I also run a NIMH in the 1/8. My NIMH will last in any main I make, I can't get out the 30 minute main or d mains, lol. The KO and AIR you do not have to run a bec device or whatever it's called, they plug right in and it will not burn out the receiver. Mike ran in his 1/10 a tenegy lipo, but I have not seen him run in his 1/8. At the pre-worlds I help pit for Rick V and he did use a lipo but he said he never tried in a 1 hour main but he tried it and it went the full hour, but I do not know which one it was or the name. I run 27 band still, no clitches unless someone is not paying attrention and being stupid, lol. It has happen twice so far, pre0world and the nats. I think Mike runs the Air 92451 in his car..
i am good i did not go to the state race richie was going booked and all but something came up last min and had to cancel..
the reason i was asking is i too run nimh at sanctioned races for the weight but i like running races with the lipo to b lighter at the local races and most the races here our club races anyhow last summer i used a lipo and burned up 2 recievers so tech at airtronics said i got to use a voltage reg. which i was not happy about. so for this year i was trying to order the high voltage servos from airtronics and i run the m11x and the rec it comes with fhss3 so i called tech and asked them bout the high volt servos and what rec i can use so they told me i have to run the ssr rec. ok fine i ordered it they called back richie cause they were out of stock and talking to another guy he said use the fhss3 and i said tech told me i cant use that so this guy said i cant use the ssr with lipo and i told him what happen this summer anyhow back and forth i cant get a stright answer from airtronics each tech guy gives u a diff answer so i wanted to see what u guys were running they told me there team drivers use the fhss3 with lipo, its very fustrating. i like the m11 alot but i at the point of thinking of going to 4pk!!