R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
wallot
Tech Fanatic

Went to my first 1/10 TC race (always been an offroad guy) with my new Sakura Zero S this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how well it handled with stock setup with just few small tweaks (20T brushed motor)

4k front diff oil
1.5 degree front camber, bit less front toe in

the biggest pain was changing pinions so the vertical motor mount is a must I think

also the top bulkhead screw holes are easily stripped after several removals of the top deck so I am upgrading to the aluminum bulkheads.

The suspension arms developed a bit of play so i think i will need to add 0.5mm spacers to the standard 1mm+1mm (i have aluminum mounts already on the car)

The stock plastic pulleys on the spur gear are quite wobbly so i upgraded to the standard sakura ones.

I really like the stock shocks as with some care they are very smooth and dont leak and i dont like threaded shocks as spacers are guarantee for equal preload.

after switching to the vertical motor mount with the new top deck and belt swap I did a small mod to the battery mount. i used 2 Hot Bodies belt tension posts from 3 racing as they are very cheap to limit battery movement. works very well.

With the sakura pulleys and belt tension post the drivetrain is much smoother.

I hope the chassis will stay competitive when I move to faster class as I dont like the standard tape for securing batteries if I end up using the narrow chassis (based on the specs it is like 50g lighter than the FRP one)

Click image for larger version

Name:	sakura.jpg
Views:	4818
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	695319

and the race went very well. TQ and win for Sakura
Click image for larger version

Name:	z_finale_04.jpg
Views:	1056
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	695323