R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Winner's Circle
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
Well guys yesterday was the first race of our Championship (Puerto Rico). I got the chance to use the new rear tire that Ipanema is now producing. I qualified in second place also behind another racer that was using almost the same combination of tires that I was using. I was using the regular 50 shore front tire (he was using 45s) and the new wider rear tire in 45 (the same as the TQ). I made two mega mistakes (I flipped the car twice) and he also made a mistake and still we both had better qualifying times than we previously had. I could only make one qualifyer, this because of accidents with slower cars but in the one that I did complete the tire temps where down from what I usually experience after qualifying, 134 up front and 125 at the rear. This tells me that the rear tires weren't even pushed too hard and I had ample traction. This tires felt great and the balance of the car was excellent. I could have the rear planted or use a little gas to have some rotation in the tight corners. I finished in first place and the difference was very marked. I love this new tires, before I had used other brands with very good results as well but with this new rear tires I did'nt feel the car to be on the edge of traction all the time. Before I felt I was on a razor edge in the handling of the car now I have time to recover from a mistake. Another thing was that I usually use 50s all around for the main but this time I used 50, 45s and the tires didn't fade or loose any traction due to heat or wear. We raced 30 minutes this time (we usually race 45 minutes for the A Main) but I can'twait for the next race next month. Great new product.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to explain how these new tires made my car feel like.
These new 49mm rear tires are on order and should be in-stock very shortly.

Lee