R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rbakker
Nice to hear, with the speedtrap it`s so easy to tune the HW...
Did you noticed any difference on the turbo? With the old software it always was very smooth and i never noticed when it kicked in, with the Tekin it was 100% different, thats just like a second stage.
Hope it is still very smooth....Noticed any gain in topspeed or acceleration in the higher rpm`s?
Didn't really play a lot with turbo, but for what I've noticed, it felt the same.
I really think only boost timing is enough for our track, (for most tracks I even believe, for 1/12 scale)
The turbo timing is nice, but is a big energy consumer (or heating system ), which in the end of a 8 minutes final kills your performance.
Check once more my times on mylaps, and take into consideration, that the first 3 sessions were driven with the same Lipo...
http://www.mylaps.com/practice/showL...date=12-1-2011

If you check the topspeed, you can see that even after 6 minutes I am still able to drive 59!....
If you check the 9th of January (the clubrace, only the first qualifier is there, then the computer crashed. ), you can see that the speed drops a lot more, this was with the 518 firmware....
This drop in topspeed gives you a good picture about the performance of the whole system (battery, ESC, motor) during the run, the drop in topspeed on the straight end, tells you that you will also loose performance in the infield...