R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Turbo Joe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default (No) parts is (no) parts

I fail to see why they can produce the car, but not the parts...which the shops would willingly buy, since they make their real money off the parts, not the kits. I'm pretty sure SoCal has everything on order for them...and they've recieved exactly NOTHING.

I would have already bought 100-150 worth of spares if I could find them. It's no fun sitting at the track with a broken car and no parts to fix it. What kind of BS is it when you can't even buy arms locally? And oh yeah...smack a wall, break an arm and a c-hub...$20 minimum to fix it..again, if you can find the parts.

What did they figure people would be doing with these things...putting them on a shelf to stare at? I mean, really...you break things when you run them...and you must have spares, otherwise, as good as the car is, it's utterly worthless.

Like I said...I don't have a problem with the car (except for the lame one-way gears and the shock cap deal). It handles great, it's really fast and it's pretty easy to work on -- just don't break anything, because you're S.O.L. for parts.

BTW -- I really have a problem with buying parts mail order. I think you ought to support your local businesses when you can...I can see ordering off the 'net for some exotic or one-off deal, or to get stuff we aren't priveledged to have access to here in the states...but short of that, I don't think I should have to look all over the place to find spare parts for an HPI. In this instance, it's HPI's deal not the shops.

Anybody want a parts car? I also have one pair of arms left (front and rear)...I won't be needing them soon, so if anyone needs them, lemme know and I'll mail them out for what I paid for them ($9 + postage). I sold the other two pairs to another Pro 4 "refugee" at the track yesterday.

I just feel kinda hosed. I paid a chunk of money for it and I don't think it's even possible to use it for what I bought it for.