R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track
Old 01-12-2011, 05:16 AM
Driver86
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know. I like things being on equal ground for the purpose of racing against drivers instead of $$$ or equipment put into a vehicle and does anybody really want to police it? Also, if things get too crazy with having to have this or that certain motor/tire/springs/whatever then guys like me are just going to throw in the towel rather than have to go out and refit their cars and trucks with all new parts. Maybe that's just me though. I for one would like to see a basic class for each type of vehicle whether it be SCT, buggy or any other electric vehicle that follows rules similar to this:

SCT:
stock brushed motor that came with vehicle (17T for SC10, 12T for Traxxas etc...) or 17.5T brushless and any "short-course" tire which would exclude buggy tires and these ribbed ones that these guys are talking about

Buggy:
Same as above but allowing buggy tires and ribbed on the front

Stadium Truck:
Again, same as SCT but allowing for the non SCT tires.

Yes, I know it could potentially make our long summer nights even longer but if there's an "open" class and a "stock" class for each vehicle then some guys could go nuts and throw whatever they want into/on their vehicles and go all out against each other but then the more basic/novice guys like me can keep it simple and still have fun and be or at least try to be competitive. Maybe go 2 quals and a main instead of 3 and a main?

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, will probably nickel since I'm so long winded.