R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 01-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Keven H
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Keven,

Sorry I know this has been asked, but im still confused on the whole 1,1,1.5 piston. Do you run that piston on all surfaces? From high grip to low grip, carpet and asphalt? Or what conditions would you go away from that piston?

Thanks
Hi, Yes lately I have been running there everywhere on both asphalt carpet, high bite low bite !

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
u use the same 6 degree c-hub slike christian and juhu do?
its more turn inside the corner isnt it?

thanks so far
Yes I use 6 degree castor block ! I like to run them as I can get in the turn harder it wont be as responsive as let say a 4 degree but middle out will have more steering.

Originally Posted by JeremyP
Is there any difference in having the steering knuckles upside down compared to the TC5 and if so which way do you have them?
I havent been playing much with that I run mine the way they are on the tc5 ! I feel like with 6 degree castor it gives you the right amount of bumpsteer so I havent gone anywhere else.

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hey Kevin: I've heard that the AE 10R5 has been discontinued is this true and if so why. Also is AE still committed to 1/10th oval? Thanks and good luck in 2011
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that but I doubt it I will try and figure it out for you. Sorry I am not much help on that one

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Hi Keven,

Once again congrats on sweeping your classes this weekend, you were on fire for sure

My question is, my car this weekend was really good on brand new tires (1st run), and every subsequent run the car got inconsistent, it was getting a lot of front traction and rotating around the front end. What would you think about changing to keep this in check? I know you said early on you were fastest on 10 run tires (maybe not so many ), but still.

Thanks,
Mike Gee
Hi Mike,

thanks, it was good seeing that both of you guys made it ! I actually ran the same set I had from the last grand slam round at the race until I felt like they were going to rip on me and then put newer one on and did not feel much difference in laptimes ! the older seemed to have more traction but laptimes were to same. On new tires (sweep) the car will push a little more so it may explain why you were doing ok on new tires ! maybe your car had too much steering. The one thing I would do to calm it down and make it more consistent is raising the front roll center and thicker front shock oil ! Or as simple as having less front camber

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
What have you done to the car to get the speed6 to fit? I can't seem to get it to fit on the front posts unless I put about 4mm worth of shims under the body post.

How far out around your tires to you trim?
There is actually 2 front body post ! the one in the kit are a little small ! but I think the one from the ntc3 or 12l4 are a little longer I have to see which one it is I am really not sure ! But otherwise shim under the post will work good as well.

Originally Posted by EJF
Any tips to get consistant TC5 shocks, such as getting the rebound perfect. I noticed on alot of setup sheets some are drilling a hole in the cap, is this in the plastic or metal part?
When I ran my tc5 shocks I would drill a hole in the black plastic cap to make sure the rebound was the same ! It doesnt have much rebound its actually dead but that way they are all the same and it seems to be the most consistent way of doing it !

hope this helps.