R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GEN Ace LIPO Batteries
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM
jkirkwood
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default GEN Ace LIPO Batteries

I bought one of the GEN ACE 5000mah 40c in early Dec to try out. I was skeptical of some of the recent hype but figured for the price might as well give them a try. I've owned Orion, TP, IP and tested Hyperion, Reedy, SMC, along with some others. I do not have an advanced battery tester. I simply go by lap-times, which I feel is still the number one dyno. Because lap-times do not lie, I have always tended to fall back to a trusty but 2+ year old IP 3800mah 35c pack when I really wanted a good run as it always performed a step above all the rest for me.

What I've found with the GEN ACE pack is it has matched the power of the my IP 3800 producing the same fast lap and has more power at the end of the run resulting in a faster run by a few seconds.

After a month of hard use, there are no signs of the pack falling off or puffing. I have been balance changing at a full 2c (10amp) TP 610C. The cells have been coming off the track from runs within .003-.008v of each other, even when doing long runs where I take out about 80% of the capacity and drop the cells to around 3.4v. I think this shows the cells are well matched and performing the same. I have had much more expensive packs that could not do that.

Overall, I am very pleased with the GEN ACE batteries and wanted to share my experience. Simply because I feel that many of companies out there charging excessively much and over rating their numbers more so than I have ever seen in the past 23 years I've participated in the hobby. While I cannot confirm the numbers printed on the labels the GEN Ace packs I can attest that they are performing very well for me.

Last edited by jkirkwood; 01-12-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: fixed sentence structure.