R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who wants a Pit Pal?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 AM
jonski
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
He came up with this? I doubt it.....unless he's been developing it for a while in some top secret underground bumker.....and living in the dark!

John's been working on his version for a while now, and the "Pit Buddy" has been around for a few years.

Pit Buddy Link

One of the draw backs for the Pit Buddy and Jonski's "idea" is they can end up being a bit long long...which can be a problem in some pitlanes....

And as for the "comp heater knock-off guy" comment.....Eric was probably the first to put heaters into some sort of proper production....yet, the idea was not new and the RC SureStart uses a different concept for preheating. This style of preheaters was also available in the UK a few years back....John has refinded it with his design and put it in to Production....

You are correct, I did not come up with this idea completely. I have seen a few on the net, but nowhere in the states where you can buy one. I have seen some homemade jobs at the races and thought I could make a nice looking version of that. I am in no way saying I am the creator of this, just seeing if anyone wants to buy "my version" of this idea.

As for colors, that will be in the works. I am also looking into a bit thinner material as well, but I have some of the 1/8 already so I will use this up first.

I should be able to get some ready for monday shipping...I see I already have a few guys wanting one, so you are first on the list.

Thanks to everyone that has shown interest in this and I can't wait to get a few out there and get some feedback.