R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - best new truggie?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
SteveBOX360
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye34
steve, keep me posted on this. am still deciding between the two.
I took the Eight-T on its first track outing today at Revelation Raceway in Ontario,Ca. It's definitely a VERY user friendly truggy. 2-3 laps in I felt a very good sense of comfort with it and that says a lot since it's my VERY FIRST nitro car and VERY FIRST time driving a R/C car since 2005. I was quick to get acquainted with the truggy and it handled even some of the faster over zealous turns I made with ease. It almost had a forgiving and correcting touch to it sliding in the turns and setting itself up to punch right out into the straight. Big plus for me was that Adam Drake was on sight as well and knowing I could possible bug him for a couple quick questions regarding my setup was a definite win win on my part, that wouldn't be as easy to do had I gotten any other truggy. Now I'm not sure if he is a regular there on a Thursday practice evening or not, but I'm comfortable knowing if not him that there was a slew of others that were running the Eight as well that could easily help me in the future, something I really didn't take into consideration or could even understand the benefits of until I made the purchase and hit the track. Another guy out at the track had a Mugen and I would be lying if I said he wasn't scary fast, the truggy is built to take a punishing and he was easily clearing huge jumps time and time again. I had an opportunity to take a look at his rig and once again visually looks far more advanced and prettier to look at...he mentioned running a thin coat of super glue along the shock towers all the way around it and letting it dry when you first get the truggy to really give the truggy a bullet proof coating of protection. All in all I would say both truggys are winners, go with what local track has parts for and larger population becuase if your green like me the support group is hands down the most valuable thing to have...hope this helps buddy!