R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM
R3VoLuTiOn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Not singling you out, but there were several posts echoing your sentiments and yours was the shortest. It seems to me that there are two basic philosophies at work here. One school seems to feel that all motors should be equal and racing should be about chassis tuning and driver skill. Now I can understand the sentiment, but just don't agree with it.

The other school feels that racing is racing and should include chassis, tires, driver, and MOTOR. This all should be equal BS just give me a pain. We have to run a Spec tire over here for TCS. There's this constant drumbeat for making everything equal----first motors and tires. Almost everyone runs the same tires and setup cause as soon as you find a good combination, it's copied. The perfect solution for the all should be equal crowd would be to do their race meetings on a computer game. All would be equal and it would be all about driver skill which is a sentiment I hear expressed often.

I'm glad almost everyone where you are likes the conversion to the Hobbywing. I think they're a fine system. They are not readily available here tho and there are some bootleg systems being sold online.
Its a never ending battle.

I'm sure Hobbywing systems arent consistent throughout the board, just like the silvercans.

I'll stick to the silver can and bitching about being slower than some. Eventually there will be a "red dot" style Hobbywing.