R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What happened to Carolinas RC?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 09:46 AM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by petevette
From a business theory perspective, smaller companies need to focus on where they can compete with a larger company. Obviously, they can't compete on price but there are other areas they maybe able to compete on. They might be able to provide services that Amain doesn't or exploit weaknesses. They can also provide superior customer service. There are distinctive advantages to smaller companies who are more agile and can respond to the customer quickly. As companies get larger, there processes get more complex and their ability to see you as a customer and not an account number diminishes immensely.

One of the things Caronlinas did best is that if you placed your order before 3pm it would leave the same day. I have placed orders with Amain on a Sunday morning and it has shipped out Tuesday late afternoon local time. Due to this, there have been orders that I did not receive by the same week and therefore had to go to the track without needed parts.

Personally, I like companies to respond to my needs on a personal basis so I will try to give those companies my business. Generally, smaller companies do this much better then larger ones. I have curtailed my spending with Amain as much as possible.

+1 i have to agree with that on consumer service with smaller online r/c stores for instance bluegrass hobbies.