R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Raguvian
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waco
I have measured the battery tray with my cheapo very-near (vernier ) & the length is 140mm & the width is 49mm. I have a Trak Power, HPI Plazma & a Core RC hard case LiPos as well as a variety of NiMhs & they fit fine...

The only thing I did was Dremel a hole at the back (although there is a hole at the front for this) to allow more space for the wires to exit without being squeezed (I prefer to wire it that way).

When I run either the LiPos or the NiMhs, I have plenty of space & I should perhaps consider using the foam strips provided to stop the small amount of 'shift' within the battery tray to improve handling.

Regarding the motor, there are plenty of drivers out there that can give you advice, but you have to remember that this is a Front Wheel Drive & any injudicious use of the throttle & the front will 'let go', so smoothness is key, whatever power motor you run.

That's my penny worth, I hope it is of use
Thanks! I think you just sold me on the car.

By the way, I know this is a random question, but does the Civic VTI body come with headlight decals?

The picture from Tower hobbies shows that the lights are painted black, but I don't want to go for that race scheme (due to my painting inability) and would like the headlight decals instead.