R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 01-03-2011, 01:06 AM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Parsons
awesome vids Rob, i learnt a tonne of stuff, with the front end reactive caster, you dont need to worry bout shims under the rear studs etc or using shorter front studs, i have been using the factory built in reactive caster setting for a little while now, if you look at the bottom arms you will notice tamiya has already moulded a reses into it for the heads of the ballhead screws that go thru the camber mount if you assemble like the manual, all you do is remove the spacers between the lower arms and the camber mount and everything drops into place nicely, only thing you have to do is remove the screw and washer from the lower arm that acts as a stopper for the top arm, and then you can adjust your reactive caster via spacers under the front ball stud nut. also doing it this way evens out the angle change between the upper arms and the steering links.

hopefully that all made sense, been meaning to post it up for a while, just havnt got round to it yet haha. one thing tho i did notice the reactive caster is better for rubber tyres, i found it made the car a little too aggressive on foams, although i run eagle foams so that cud be the reason, il test the reactive caster with other foams next time im out.

cheers ray,
I reread this a couple times and don't get it but I haven't gone out to look at the car to try to figure it out.