R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RTR 2.0 Question
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
builtb16a
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamsfw2427
So anything on the kit will work on the RTR Im thinking hoping?

Thanks for the info
if your talking "kit" as meaning ROLLER.. yes, all ROLLER parts will be compatable with the RTR. myself.. i wasn't interested in the RTR since i had a radio, a engine, and servo's already. findind a bump box was simple, and its been a blast since.

there's lists out there on the differences between the roller and RTR. obviously the main differences. no motor/pipe, no electronics, no radio, and starter box. differences in the RTR to roller, black chassis, black shock towers, and alum. shock caps. there's other small things, but not significant.

the losi RTR truck or car, is great for a beginner not having anything and wanting to get into the hobby. you get a set of allen wrenches and shock rebuild tools, but a good set of hex wrenches wouldn't be a bad idea.

with any car/truck, and any manufacture, its a hobby that needs attention. your not going to be able to put gas in your kit and win podiums without adjusting your setups, and LOTS of practice. taking your car/truck apart and inspecting parts and learning your car is the best thing you can do when it comes to maintenance and setups.

IMO.. the losi RTR. servo's. new servo's.. and start practicing. experiment with tires. that RTR should have plenty of power, a decent pipe setup, and respectable performance for your track.

again.. losi RTR is a win win, when it comes to getting into a hobby and buying a complete nitro vehicle, you can't loose with the losi.