R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 AM
tdunster
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony gray
Refer to HERE the oft-criticised M05 steering is NOT as bad as everyone makes it out to be...
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, I've read this article twenty or more times and I cannot find the part that explains how to setup the steering.

All I could find was a conclusion about how it worked on that specific build but with no detail of the settings used or indeed the servo used. Namely:

The much criticised M05 steering system was still 100% stock. It had ball bearings true, but all the acres of slop that Tamiya seem to engineer into these things was still very evident. Yet the car tracked straight and true all the time and the steering was fine, no issues at all. We had an alloy set-up ready to go, but it ended up staying in the packet. By the end of the weekend the steering had even more slop, but the car still drove fine. Then again, the M03 is the same, loads of play, but it somehow still works…
I'd really like to copy that setup exactly because if I build my m-05 per the instructions the steering does not work.

Note: the servos I have tried work fine in other cars - but no matter what I do this car has totally unpredictable steering that will not centre after I have turned left.

Cheers.