R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Keven Hebert, TeamAssociated / Reedy / ApexRC
Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Keven H
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Kevin- Are you running your special drilled pistons on carpet as well?
Yes I run the 1,1,1.5 even on carpet

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Keven,

What procedures do you prefer to use to set up your car (Droop, ride height, camber, tweak, front toe etc.) Also, what procedures do you take after a run to prep your car for the next?
That is a good question ! Here is how I do it. I go as simple as possible as I dont like to use fency gage, it always seems like the best way for me is the manual way. the first thing I do is I make sure the chassis is flat. Step 2 is I set ride height , Step 3 for me is camber. Step 4 I set my droop usualy by feel 2mm uptravel to start with is what I do on most track front and rear and then adjust from there ! Step 5 I set my car on the edge of the board * so the middle of the chassis hit the edge and then make sure both tires hit the board at the same time to make sure the droop is even (if the chassis is flat and you dont have a crazy amount of slop it should be work very good ! I do that front and rear and while doing this, you want to tweak the car at the same time ! so to do the front you hold the rear and push up on it until front tires hit the board and then you will see if the car leans over on the left or the right which ever side leans first you need to put more preload on that side an a little less on the other side !!! The you do the same for the rear ! I am reading it and know it might be hard to picture but it is the best explanation I could get for now Let me know if you have any question.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Keven, I see LRP has now released the USB link for the upgradeable speed controls. Any idea where the download for the software is? Do you have a link?
Thanks
The software should be available on LRPs website in a few days ! http://www.lrp.cc/

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Why is your car the tard car?
Tard car haha ! Long story regarding my poor english back 5 years ago. Had a hard time to say Todd so people were making fun of me since it sounded like tard when I would say it.