R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:05 AM
wolffcub
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raman
After the first heat I checked the wear on the tyres and the odd thing about the stock tyres is, the fronts look like they have a softer texture, they pit easily. So during the second heat I swapped fronts for rears.. big mistake! I did however switch to a 41T pinion, so at least on the back straight I was keeping up with everyone else.
Fronts and rears should be the same compounds in the kit unless you installed different compounds on purpose when doing tires. My rears are wearing perfectly even and show no signs of inbound or outbound loading. The fronts however show loads of inbound loading and show significant signs of scrub. I had no traction rolling issues with the car until I mounted 2 cameras to the shell roof lol. I already took measures to adjust the geometry and got it to where I think it will ride with less scrub and more surface contact in the front. Might increase the roll over tendencies however time will tell. I can care less about how fast tires wear out but as long as it hooks up I will be happy.