R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 PM
danketchpel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Fun race Steve. Like I said Sunday, gotta race the track and the traffic. Could happen to anyone in the lead, ya know? Good race though. You got that OFNA hooked up.
The A-main event race was stacked FULL of cars, probably too many actually. It's hard to not have some carnage with that many big cars banging doors on a moderate sized track.

I was having a hard time switching back and forth between tires. 1st heat on sweeps to try them out and was having to drive like in the movies. 2nd heat on PMTs with a couple changes and things were pretty good for me the car felt much better. A-main race back on sweeps due to temps dropping and the previous changes didn't work so good with the sweeps, ugh.

I'm having a hard time finding a good setup with my DM1-S. I've been trying everybody's suggestions and tossing in some of my own based on how it reacts to each change and I'm still not finding the setup it really needs. I think I might need to relocated my battery to the rear position more like a Teckno conversion, not sure. I think I also need heavier shock oil based on how those Losi cars are working.

PS thanks for the help in gearing my ABC car Tony, much better after kicking things up a couple notches, and no still no smoke.